Re: Heather Jaremko

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27 10:59 AM
      Shocked too.  COndolences to her family and close friends

      Lois Sparling

      On 27/08/2011 11:30 AM, Lorna Laughton wrote:

      Hello Fellow Genealogists and AFHS members:

      Shocking is the only word that can describe my reaction to the death notice of Heather Jaremko in the Calgary Herald this morning. I didn’t know that she was sick, but perhaps others knew this. However, since Heather was quiet about herself, maybe she kept her health problems to herself. Anyways, I and everyone who knew her, are very sad that she is no longer with us.

      Lorna

    • Rosemary Kry
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 27 11:02 AM
        Heather also volunteered at the AFHS booths at teacher conventions and
        Ft. Calgary during History Week. Her quiet nature, her willlingness
        to help, and her willingness to share her knowledge of genealogy with
        others will be greatly missed.

        Rosemary
      • Marion Peterson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 27 11:23 AM

          I am shocked as well. My most recent interaction with Heather was on the 30th Anniversary Celebration committee. She was always so willing to help! She will be missed. My condolences to her family.

          Marion

        • Mabel Kiessling
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 29 8:46 AM
            I had the priviledge of working with Heather on Queries from September 2007 to March 2009 when I left to work with Newspaper
            Extractions. She looked after finding the obituaries while I looked after the rest of the queries. Everyweek, after picking up the
            mail from the Library, I would drive to her house in the "far east" of the city and deliver the letters for her records. At least
            once Andy got involved when we needed a photo of a monument in a cemetery. I transitioned with Heather and Andy as they moved their
            household (and all its problems) from the "far east" to the "far west" of the city. Heather and I also worked together carrying
            boxes up and down the stairs from the storage room to prepare the refreshments for AFHS meetings. Heather and Andy worked with me
            as she prepared a podcast. I was the representative for the Calgary Chapter of the American Historical Society of Germans from
            Russia. And I shared in her excitement as she gave her talk on podcasting in Medicine Hat at the 2010 Annual AGS Conference.

            I was shocked to learn of her death, and as a friend and colleague I will truly miss her. My condolences go out to Andy and all of
            Heather's family.

            Mabel Kiessling