1911 Census Ontario

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2011
      Hello:

      I am looking for a person called Herbert Franklin Graham born April 21,
      1901. His parents married in Stayner, Ontario in 1893.

      I tried looking at Automated Genealogy for 1911 but it seems to be a very
      time-consuming task.

      Ancestry.ca didn't help either.

      What is the best way to look for this person in the 1911 census?

      Thanks for any suggestions you can make.

      Rene
    • Charlie Hansen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2011
        Hi Rene,

        You wrote:

        > I am looking for a person called Herbert Franklin Graham born April
        > 21, 1901. His parents married in Stayner, Ontario in 1893.
        >
        > I tried looking at Automated Genealogy for 1911 but it seems to be a
        > very time-consuming task.
        >
        > Ancestry.ca didn't help either.
        >
        > What is the best way to look for this person in the 1911 census?

        On Automated genealogy, choose Ontario, and enter Graham and hit search.

        Part way down the page that comes up in the filter line, enter the sex and
        birthday information.and click filter. Your Herbert is one of 13 Grahams that are
        listed with a birthdate within one year of your date. Click on the page number to
        find your details of the family, and a link to the census image.

        Regards,
        Charlie