Newfoundland

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2011

      Hi:

      Thanks to everyone who answered my query about Newfoundland. I appreciate your help.

      Lorna

    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2011

        Lorna:

        Thanks to everyone who answered my query about Newfoundland. I appreciate your help.

        It would be interesting to know what other comments you received.

        In the meantime, I e-mailed a friend who is a well-known Newfoundland author and his reply is:

        St. John's, Newfoundland should be sufficient. A site called "Grand Banks" has much information re NL ancestors.

        We were a "Commission of Government" managed by the UK Colonial Office from the Depression until 1949.

        Rene