RE: location description for Newfoundland

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2011

      Hi Lorna,

      What dates? Prior to 1907 Newfoundland was a colony, but in 1907 it became and remained a dominion until it joined Confederation. To avoid the distinction, I just enter it as Newfoundland before and after it became a dominion and after it became a province. I don’t add Canada after the word Newfoundland, again to keep it simpler unless there is dataof political or military reference that makes the distinction important.

      Xenia