Re: Judith Rempel

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
      Beautifully put.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      Email: Gordon@...
      Home: (403) 240-4636
      Cell:    (403) 669-8384

      "The secret of growing old is having lots of experience you can no longer use."

      On 6/1/2011 12:45 PM, Charles W Aubin wrote:
      This information on Judith's passing was an unbelievable shock.  On behalf of the Legacy Users Group and especially myself, I would like to offer are most sincere condolences to her husband Grant, family members and the Mennonite Community at large.
      Judii was one of the first people I met when I started doing Genealogy seriously.  She had the bubbliest, friendly personality of anyone I have ever met.  We used to get together to solve problems we were having with Legacy.  She was extremely intelligent and willing to help her fellow genealogists with problems confronting them.  She will be greatly missed, such a terrible loss to all who knew her.

      Charlie Aubin

      -----
      No virus found in this message.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
        I echo Charlie's message. I met Judii at the FHC at a computer group
        meeting. Even though I was a member of AFHS and a computer group meeting
        attendee before she was, I found her knowledge of computers as used in
        genealogy and the web was very advanced. She soon advanced beyond me in
        terms of web development. I had the pleasure of working closely with her on
        several projects. I took over her book selling business and later her
        instructor's position at U of C re computers in genealogy for seniors. She
        was very helpful in getting me up to speed on both of those so I could add
        these products/services to my business.

        I was very shocked to hear she passed away suddenly at such a young age. I
        found a photo of her and a brief notice about her death at
        http://apps.eppisode.ca/blog

        Xenia