Judith Rempel

  • Charles W Aubin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
      This information on Judith's passing was an unbelievable shock. On behalf
      of the Legacy Users Group and especially myself, I would like to offer are
      most sincere condolences to her husband Grant, family members and the
      Mennonite Community at large.
      Judii was one of the first people I met when I started doing Genealogy
      seriously. She had the bubbliest, friendly personality of anyone I have
      ever met. We used to get together to solve problems we were having with
      Legacy. She was extremely intelligent and willing to help her fellow
      genealogists with problems confronting them. She will be greatly missed,
      such a terrible loss to all who knew her.

      Charlie Aubin
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
        Beautifully put.

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        Email: Gordon@...
        Home: (403) 240-4636
        Cell:    (403) 669-8384

        "The secret of growing old is having lots of experience you can no longer use."

        On 6/1/2011 12:45 PM, Charles W Aubin wrote:
        This information on Judith's passing was an unbelievable shock.  On behalf of the Legacy Users Group and especially myself, I would like to offer are most sincere condolences to her husband Grant, family members and the Mennonite Community at large.
        Judii was one of the first people I met when I started doing Genealogy seriously.  She had the bubbliest, friendly personality of anyone I have ever met.  We used to get together to solve problems we were having with Legacy.  She was extremely intelligent and willing to help her fellow genealogists with problems confronting them.  She will be greatly missed, such a terrible loss to all who knew her.

        Charlie Aubin

        -----
        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
          I echo Charlie's message. I met Judii at the FHC at a computer group
          meeting. Even though I was a member of AFHS and a computer group meeting
          attendee before she was, I found her knowledge of computers as used in
          genealogy and the web was very advanced. She soon advanced beyond me in
          terms of web development. I had the pleasure of working closely with her on
          several projects. I took over her book selling business and later her
          instructor's position at U of C re computers in genealogy for seniors. She
          was very helpful in getting me up to speed on both of those so I could add
          these products/services to my business.

          I was very shocked to hear she passed away suddenly at such a young age. I
          found a photo of her and a brief notice about her death at
          http://apps.eppisode.ca/blog

          Xenia