Re: Judith Rempel

  • OJ Zawalsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
      On 01/06/2011 5:45 AM, Rene Dussome wrote:
      > I was very sad to hear that "our" Judii had died. The news came as a great
      > shock to me.
      >
      > She was very involved with AFHS and her special interest, Mennonite
      > genealogy.
      >
      > She was always willing to help our members with advice on any aspect of our
      > work as family historians. Several years ago, when I was struggling to learn
      > Paint Shop Pro she came to my house to demonstrate some of its more useful
      > features. I certainly appreciated her help.
      >
      > We shall all miss her very much.
      >
      > Rene Dussome

      Yes, she will be missed. She was a good teacher and always helpful. I
      remember you getting her to help me when I had a virus.
      O. J. Zawalsky

      --
      OJ Zawalsky
    • Charles W Aubin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
        This information on Judith's passing was an unbelievable shock. On behalf
        of the Legacy Users Group and especially myself, I would like to offer are
        most sincere condolences to her husband Grant, family members and the
        Mennonite Community at large.
        Judii was one of the first people I met when I started doing Genealogy
        seriously. She had the bubbliest, friendly personality of anyone I have
        ever met. We used to get together to solve problems we were having with
        Legacy. She was extremely intelligent and willing to help her fellow
        genealogists with problems confronting them. She will be greatly missed,
        such a terrible loss to all who knew her.

        Charlie Aubin
      • Gord Hulbert
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
          Beautifully put.

          Regards,

          Gord Hulbert
          Email: Gordon@...
          Home: (403) 240-4636
          Cell:    (403) 669-8384

          "The secret of growing old is having lots of experience you can no longer use."

          On 6/1/2011 12:45 PM, Charles W Aubin wrote:
          This information on Judith's passing was an unbelievable shock.  On behalf of the Legacy Users Group and especially myself, I would like to offer are most sincere condolences to her husband Grant, family members and the Mennonite Community at large.
          Judii was one of the first people I met when I started doing Genealogy seriously.  She had the bubbliest, friendly personality of anyone I have ever met.  We used to get together to solve problems we were having with Legacy.  She was extremely intelligent and willing to help her fellow genealogists with problems confronting them.  She will be greatly missed, such a terrible loss to all who knew her.

          Charlie Aubin

          -----
          No virus found in this message.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
            I echo Charlie's message. I met Judii at the FHC at a computer group
            meeting. Even though I was a member of AFHS and a computer group meeting
            attendee before she was, I found her knowledge of computers as used in
            genealogy and the web was very advanced. She soon advanced beyond me in
            terms of web development. I had the pleasure of working closely with her on
            several projects. I took over her book selling business and later her
            instructor's position at U of C re computers in genealogy for seniors. She
            was very helpful in getting me up to speed on both of those so I could add
            these products/services to my business.

            I was very shocked to hear she passed away suddenly at such a young age. I
            found a photo of her and a brief notice about her death at
            http://apps.eppisode.ca/blog

            Xenia