RE: correcting 1901 census

  • Robert Boynton
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2011

      I tried volunteering for transcribing the 1916 Census and I found it impossible on certain pages so I know how difficult it can be at its worst.  I am amazed on how quickly they get it done and they realize that errors are made

      Over the past few years, I have sent many corrections to US and Canada census records to Ancestry .ca or com.

      I find them very appreciative.  Sometimes they take a little time to make corrections but the corrections rarely change the original transcription but appear as an additional transcription and they show up in their indices later on.  You have to be patient.

      They will correct their original transcription as above but rarely replace the original.

      One year I made so many corrections to their Census transcriptions that they sent me a free copy of Family Tree Maker!