RE: Ancestry.ca

  • Jim Benedict
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 6:03 PM

      Glad I could help, but I have forwarded you email from David Lee, who has a better answer.  I tried his trick in Ancestry:

      ·         Go to Ancestry.ca and go to your client’s family tree page.

      ·         Near the top there is a link, “Tree pages”

      ·         Hover over it and you can see a choice, “Tree settings”.   Click it.

      ·         On the Tree Settings page, on the right, is “Manage your tree” and a button, “Export tree”.

      ·         That brings up another button, “Download your GEDCOM file” along with a download tips hyperlink.

      I haven’t tried the rest of the process but it should be self-directing.  As with the nature of GEDCOM files, you may not get all the information extracted, but it should be a lot better than typing!

      Good luck,

      Jim Benedict