Re: baptism

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
      Hi there:

      I asked my wife, Marg.  She says access to CA records can be made thru ancestry.com.  Records go back 10 1905 thru to 1985.  There is minimal info.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      Email: Gordon@...
      Home: (403) 240-4636
      Cell:    (403) 669-8384

      "Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses."

      On 4/14/2011 10:17 AM, Rosemary Kry wrote:
      Does anyone have any suggestions on how a person could find a baptism record of ~60 years ago in California?
      It was a query sent to AFHS, and I am no help on this one.
      Rosemary

      -----
      No virus found in this message.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
        Hi Rosemary,

        For baptism records you will need to know the faith and the church in which
        the person was baptized. Then contact the archives of that church - held by
        either the parish or the centralized archives for that religion. It helps to
        know the birth date, which you may be able to find on Ancestry in the
        California Birth Index, 1905-1995, but Ancestry does not have the baptism
        records nor do they have an index of baptism records.

        Xenia Stanford