baptism

  • Rosemary Kry
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
      Does anyone have any suggestions on how a person could find a baptism
      record of ~60 years ago in California?
      It was a query sent to AFHS, and I am no help on this one.
      Rosemary
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
        Hi there:

        I asked my wife, Marg.  She says access to CA records can be made thru ancestry.com.  Records go back 10 1905 thru to 1985.  There is minimal info.

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        Email: Gordon@...
        Home: (403) 240-4636
        Cell:    (403) 669-8384

        "Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses."

        On 4/14/2011 10:17 AM, Rosemary Kry wrote:
        Does anyone have any suggestions on how a person could find a baptism record of ~60 years ago in California?
        It was a query sent to AFHS, and I am no help on this one.
        Rosemary

        -----
        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
          Hi Rosemary,

          For baptism records you will need to know the faith and the church in which
          the person was baptized. Then contact the archives of that church - held by
          either the parish or the centralized archives for that religion. It helps to
          know the birth date, which you may be able to find on Ancestry in the
          California Birth Index, 1905-1995, but Ancestry does not have the baptism
          records nor do they have an index of baptism records.

          Xenia Stanford