query about Irish research

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2011
      Hi all,
      I had the following query on my blog from Robert:

      "I'd like to find information about my half-brother and half-sister's dad for them as a gift. My mother didn't leave very much information for them about him. He was with the British Merchant Navy and was killed in action during WWII. I'm 61 years old. My brother will be 71 this year and my sister 69. All I have about their dad is his name, place of birth and that he was in the Merchant Navy during WWII. We were all born in N.Ireland and now live in Canada, so whatever resource direction you can provide will have to be available through the net. Any ideas?"

      What suggestions might you have for Robert?  I really appreciate all of the help that folks on Dist-gen provide.

      Thanks,
      Joan
      --
      Joan Miller