Re: Any genealogy detectives who can help this lady?

  • Caren Secord
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011
      Hello -

      I can see an immigration record for a Jenny Gustafson in March 1911 on the Ancestry site.  She was 22 and single and from Sweden.  She arrived in Halifax on the Megantic but her destination was Saskatchewan.

      Then there is a record for a Jenny Gustafson in the 1911 census.  She was 22 and living in Saltcoats, SK.  From the Automated Genealogy 1911 census index, this is the description of where she was living:
      Township 20 in range 3 west of the 2nd M.

      She was living with John and Ida Christina Apslund and was listed as their niece.  The original census record indicates that she had arrived in 1911.  This is a good fit for the Jenny who arrived in 1911 on the Megantic.

      On 3/5/2011 12:36 PM, Robert Boynton wrote:

      I would advise her to contact by phone or mail, all of the cemeteries in the Moose Jaw area and ask them about Jenny..Some are on the internet, but some are not!

      Rob Boynton