RE: Frank Morrow

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011

      I too saw this with sadness.  Frank was one of the welcoming souls (along with Suddie Mumford, George Lake, Wes Johnston, etc.) when I first got acquainted with the AFHS – attending the computer SIG at Bow Valley College (then Alberta Vocational College).  I think he fostered the “loveable curmudgeon” personality.  And, it worked on me.

      We lost another individual to the Calgary historical community this past week – Danny Copithorne.  He was a “driving force” and building manager behind the Southern Alberta Pioneers and Their Descendants (if that doesn’t ring a bell, think about their annual Stampede float or the “Old Timer’s Cottage).  This is a significant loss for the SAPD as well.

      Judith (Judii) Rempel

      rempel@...