Frank Morrow

  • Nancy Carson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4 9:57 AM

      Just wanted to let everyone know that Frank Morrow passed away. Frank was a long-time member of AFHS and I’m sure there are quite a few of you who will remember him. Thanks to Lorna for noticing this in the paper.

      http://www.legacy.com/can-calgary/Obituaries.asp?Page=SearchResults

      Nancy  Carson

    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4 10:25 AM
        Hi there:

        Thank you Nancy for posting Frank's obit.  I've known Frank & Olive for a long time.  The following is the note I sent to website noted in the obit.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        February 4, 2011
        Frank and our dad, Bill Hulbert, worked for Imperial Oil after the war. My bother, Bob, and I met Frank and Olive at a Halloween party our folks held at their new house in Elboya in the late 40s. I didn't run into Frank again until about 20 years later at the Alberta Family Histories Society meetings. Frank was a very active member of the AFHS. We often reminisced about the days gone by. God bless him and may he rest in peace.
        Gord & Bob Hulbert,
        Calgary, Alberta

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        Email: Gordon@...
        Mesa:  (480) 357-1205
        Cell:    (403) 669-8384 (Emergencies only)

        "When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds. "

        On 04/02/2011 10:57 AM, Nancy Carson wrote:

        Just wanted to let everyone know that Frank Morrow passed away. Frank was a long-time member of AFHS and I’m sure there are quite a few of you who will remember him. Thanks to Lorna for noticing this in the paper.

        http://www.legacy.com/can-calgary/Obituaries.asp?Page=SearchResults

        Nancy  Carson

        http://www.doteasy.com
      • Judith Rempel
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4 11:10 AM

          I too saw this with sadness.  Frank was one of the welcoming souls (along with Suddie Mumford, George Lake, Wes Johnston, etc.) when I first got acquainted with the AFHS – attending the computer SIG at Bow Valley College (then Alberta Vocational College).  I think he fostered the “loveable curmudgeon” personality.  And, it worked on me.

          We lost another individual to the Calgary historical community this past week – Danny Copithorne.  He was a “driving force” and building manager behind the Southern Alberta Pioneers and Their Descendants (if that doesn’t ring a bell, think about their annual Stampede float or the “Old Timer’s Cottage).  This is a significant loss for the SAPD as well.

          Judith (Judii) Rempel

          rempel@...