RE: Someone looking for a Jesuit priest in Canada

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011

      I think the book is the Dictionary of Jesuit Biography: Ministry to English Canada.  UC call number BX3755 .D53 1991.  It looks like it is available for interlibrary loan as well.

      Christine

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011

        Has she contacted the relevant diocese archives?  Catholic diocese in Canada all maintain their own archives.  She could google to find address.

        --
        Joan Miller
        Luxegen Genealogy

        ----
        Recommended: online service Mozy
        to backup precious Family Photos.
        (2 GB free).

      • Charlie Hansen
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
          Has your inquirer seen the Jesuit website at:

          http://www.jesuits.ca/index.php

          From the home page select "about us" and then click in the side bar
          "English Canada Brief History". This brings up an extract from the book
          "Dictionary of Jesuit Biography" previously mentioned, which contains a timeline
          of their activities in English Canada.

          Selecting "contact us" from the home page brings up a form to send enquiries to
          them.

          I hope this helps.

          Charlie Hansen
        • Joan Miller