FW: Extended Hours at the Archives of Ontario

  • Judie Riddell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2011
      It is great to see that continued pressure from family genealogists has made
      a difference

      Judie

      Extended Hours at the Archives of Ontario
      Brian Gilchrist posted this message on Rootsweb:
      Hello fellow Ontario Genealogists and Family Historians ... this is a
      great day! The Archives will be having extended hours again. The press
      release was issued tonight at 5:00 p.m., and here is what arrived at my
      office:

      "The Archives of Ontario will be extending its hours of operation.

      Effective Tuesday, February 8, 2011, we will offer extended hours of
      service on Tuesdays and Thursdays to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m.
      to 4 p.m.

      Services available during these hours will include registration,
      assistance from reference archivists, access to self service microfilm,
      microfiche and finding aids, viewing of previously ordered materials, and
      access to the exhibit gallery. Requests for certifications,
      reproductions and copyright that are placed during extended hours will be
      sent for
      processing on the next business day."

      Happy Hunting - Cheers!
      J. Brian Gilchrist

      Lynn Matthison
      Membership Secretary, Perth County Branch OGS
      matthison@...