digital camera and CD-ROM coupon for film

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2002
      Grocery store advertising has the little digital camera with zoom that I
      wear (necklace-style) marked $100 less than the price in June 2002. That
      camera has been used more than any other from a lifetime camera collection
      the last few months -- in the yard, riding scooter, tour of family history
      landmarks in Calgary, to the playground, at meetings, visiting relatives.

      Same grocery store has a coupon for Photos on CD free with One Hour
      Photofinishing with undeveloped APS or 35mm film. Coupon is good until
      November 2 and doesn't mention the size. One of the other stores near the
      hotel has a higher cost for "professional" size images. The main benefit of
      personal film scanning is cropping, touchup and meaningful file names before
      an image is saved.

      Learned today from a mailing list. Internet Explorer 6 has an option to
      "Enable Auto Image Resizing." If it is on, oversize images may not look
      sharp on the screen. If it is off, oversize images may need to be scrolled.
      I like to see web images 800x600 pixels or smaller using a flat panel screen
      set to 1024x768.

      One of the participants in the mailing list posted links to his technical
      articles with pictures. Does he want us to see a man without a head or
      without feet? Another person has a family group picture with caption telling
      the names, does he want us to see the faces with no names or the headless
      bodies with the dog at their feet?
      Elizabeth

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Larry McCool
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2002
        Me again--

        I have been saving "picture" type messages into a temp-pic file and then
        working with them with IrfanView.
        This program, I believe is downloadable but from where I am not sure. My son
        got it for me. It's quite simple to use, ( like good for an old man) and
        also sets up a slideshow in more than one size.

        Larry

        Larry & Doreen McCool
        Calgary, AB Canada
        Our new address is
        mccoollh@...
        Our website is now at

        > Grocery store advertising has the little digital camera with zoom that I
        > wear (necklace-style) marked $100 less than the price in June 2002. That
        > camera has been used more than any other from a lifetime camera collection
        > the last few months -- in the yard, riding scooter, tour of family history
        > landmarks in Calgary, to the playground, at meetings, visiting relatives.
        >
        > Same grocery store has a coupon for Photos on CD free with One Hour
        > Photofinishing with undeveloped APS or 35mm film. Coupon is good until
        > November 2 and doesn't mention the size. One of the other stores near the
        > hotel has a higher cost for "professional" size images. The main benefit
        of
        > personal film scanning is cropping, touchup and meaningful file names
        before
        > an image is saved.
        >
        > Learned today from a mailing list. Internet Explorer 6 has an option to
        > "Enable Auto Image Resizing." If it is on, oversize images may not look
        > sharp on the screen. If it is off, oversize images may need to be
        scrolled.
        > I like to see web images 800x600 pixels or smaller using a flat panel
        screen
        > set to 1024x768.
        >
        > One of the participants in the mailing list posted links to his technical
        > articles with pictures. Does he want us to see a man without a head or
        > without feet? Another person has a family group picture with caption
        telling
        > the names, does he want us to see the faces with no names or the headless
        > bodies with the dog at their feet?
        > Elizabeth

      • Gord Hulbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2002
          Try looking at www.tucows.com. It usually is at the top of their list. I
          use it all the time. It is NOT the end all and be all, but it's easy to use
          and does all the things I want to do to get a picture ready for the web. It
          can resize, crop, change extenrions, gamma correction, etc. Good luck.