RE: new Family Search

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2010

      Joan:

      Thank you for letting us know about this “Bloginar”. I found that it was really worth the hour to listen/watch it, because I got more of a sense of what the FamilySearch website designers were trying to do. It will be a fantastic website with digital images from the microfilms. The website will even be useful for looking at some images of microfilms that have been digitized, but not yet indexed.

      Lorna

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2010

        I second Lorna’s thank you Joan and say that I also enjoyed the “Bloginar”  I especially liked the new format for searching the Library Catalogue.

        Judie

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2010
          I just wanted to let everyone know about my experience yesterday with the new Family Search website in regards to microfilm ordering/renewing.  I set up a userid and password about 6 weeks ago, so I could order a microfilm online.  I needed to renew the film yesterday and could NOT get my userid and password to work - the website kept rejecting it as 'invalid'.  I even tried the 'forgot my password' and 'forgot my username' links - nothing worked.

          So, I ended up phoning Salt Lake and here is what you need to do if you already had a account set up on their website ... you MUST set up a new one as follows:
          1. Go to the Familysearch.org website and click 'Sign In' in the top right corner of the Home page
          2. Select 'Register' near the bottom right of that page
          3. Follow the instructions to create a new accout ... the one trick is that you need to make the email address on the new account the SAME as the email address you used on the old account - this will ensure that all your film orders come over to the new account and you can then view, renew etc.

          It worked for me!
          Marlene Roy