Re: Tweets and Tools Theme for April issue

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi all,
      For any of you who have started genealogy blogs we can add a link from our AFHS blog to your blog.  It will help you get more visitors.
      In order to do this we need:
      1.  name of the blog
      2. the url (the web address).

      Please send the information to afhsblog@... and we'll be happy to add your link.

      Cheers,
      Joan Miller
      AFHS blog

      On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Xenia Stanford <xenias@...> wrote:

      Hi everyone,

      Our work on the January issue is done and the printers are doing their work. So now is the time for us to start working on the April issue.

      Here is our call for articles or short responses:

      “The theme for the April 2011 issue is Tweets and Tools.  The fall seminar, with speakers Dick Eastman, Thomas MacEntee and Lyn Meehan, covered many aspects of technology used for genealogy. We challenge you to tell us one or more tips you learned from them and then put to use. What were your results?  Perhaps you use the Internet to blog, tweet or chat in your genealogical endeavours? Do you use your iPhone or Blackberry to keep track of your family ties? Do you Kindle or use Kobo? Software, hardware and social networks are all fair game for this issue.  We are looking for just a short blurb on your experiences.  No need to write a long-winded article unless you think you have something of great interest to tell everyone about.  Deadline is February 1, 2011 so get us your ideas soon.”

      Please email your responses to editor-chinook@... and copy to editor2-chinook@...

      We look forward to your experiences. If you haven’t yet tried anything you learned at the seminar, now’s your chance to do so and tell us if what you tried met with success or failure in your genealogical efforts. Perhaps you have put some technology tool on your list for Santa. Try it out and let us know how it helped.

      For instance, I am asking Santa for a digital frame and a handheld ebook reader, not sure which one yet. I’m still doing comparison shopping. So I will let you know if Santa delivers!

      Xenia Stanford and Wayne Shepheard

      Editors, Chinook

      Email:

      editor-chinook@...