Gord Here - Herald, Suddie

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2010
      Hi all:

      Tom Babin, Sunday Editor, Calgary Herald, kindly published a tribute to Suddie on our behave.  The article appears in section 'C' on page 5.  Postings on this page usually come from 'press wires services'.  In this case, I had to produce the 'copy'.  Rene Dussome kindly allowed me to plagiarize the comments she sent to Dick Eastman.   Even though I said otherwise, the editor insisted on referring to Suddie as Bill 'Suddie' Mumford.
      --
      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      Email: Gordon@...
      Home: (403) 240-4636
      Cell:    (403) 669-8384

      "If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
    • Jim Benedict
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2010

        If you have not had a chance to read the Herald article, I encourage everyone to do it.  This is a fitting tribute to one of our finest.  I personally thank Gord Hulbert and Rene Dussome for their making sure this was done and done right.  We have just lost one of our best, and I believe also a personal friend and comrade in genealogy.

        Appreciation to all that made this happen,

        Jim Benedict

        Chair,

        AFHS Genealogy Computing Group

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5637 (20101121) __________