December monthly meeting

  • Heather Jaremko
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010
      Hello all,

      This is a reminder that we are having a food bank drive at our December meeting. In the past we have collected donations (cash or non perishable food items) for the Food Bank - we will continue this practice - and have chosen the Veteran's Food Bank as the recipient. We are going to support the Veteran's Food Bank this year.   As mentioned in the November Breeze, Sister Marie Paul will give a short presentation from the Sisters of Providence, thus if any member would like to give a cash donation to them as the cemetery at Father Lacombe was vandalized in the summer -the Sisters will be most appreciative.  9 Sister markers plus the statue of the Grotto of Saint Bernadette were destroyed. (
      Also in the Novmber Breeze there was a mention that there is going to be a short presentation from the Sisters of Providence who are seeking assistance for the restoration of their cemeter following a shocking instance of vandalism which saw extensive damage to the gravesites and the complete destruction of the Grotto of Saint Bernadette.
      If you would like to make a donation to the Sisters of Providence you may do so or you may want to make a donation to the Veteran's Food Bank or both.  Cash donations will be accepted for both the food bank and for the Sisters of Providence.  We are also going to be collecting non perishable items for the Veteran's Food Bank.)

      Also for our December monthly meeting we would like to have some baked goods for our meeting to celebrate Christmas.

      Heather Jaremko