about Suddie Mumford

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2010

      Hello All

      I share the sentiments expressed so well by Rene and others, that Suddie was a significant person in the genealogical community of Calgary and area. His willingness to share his knowledge was a great example to all of us.

      I am planning to make a donation to the Alberta Family Histories Society Memorial Fund in memory of Suddie. This will help our society go forward with sharing our family history research experiences and helping others. As well, AFHS is now able to receive a ‘Community Spirit’ grant from the Alberta Government that sort of “matches” (within certain limits) the cheque/cash donations made during the year to our society. The intention of the grant is to encourage Albertans to make charitable donations. Anyways, I think that Suddie would approve of any efforts to encourage and educate others about family history.

      Suddie Mumford will be missed.

      Thank you, Gord, for being our link with Suddie’s family.

      Lorna

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2010

        As Suddie’s obituary says, no flowers, make a donation to your favourite charity in his name. The Memorial Fund definitely fits that category.

        Xenia