Home Child events at Edmonton Public Library

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010

      I was asked to submit two posters to advertise events at the Edmonton Public Library. Since attachments aren’t possible on dist-gen, I cannot send the two posters. If anyone wants the posters, let me know and I will send to you at your email address.

      The first event is

      Celebrate

      2010 YEAR OF THE HOME CHILD

      attend a reading by Carolyn Pogue, author of Gwen, shortlisted for the

      City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize.

      Wednesday, November 17th, 2010

      Time: 10:00-11:30 a.m.

      Place: Stanley A. Milner Library, Centre for Reading and the Arts,

      Southeast Corner

      Visit epl.ca/homechild for more information.

      For fans of historical fiction aged 10 to adult.

      2010 YEAR OF THE HOME CHILD

      The second event is

      Recognizing and Honouring the Home Children

      Learn the social impact of home children

      and strategies for tracing your roots to

      see if you are one of the 4 million

      Canadians descended from a home child.

      Date: Sunday, November 28th, 2010

      Time: 2:00-4:00 p.m.

      Place: Strathcona Branch Library

      Registration is encouraged. Visit epl.ca/homechild for details

      http://epl.ca/homechild

      Xenia Stanford

      Editor, Chinook, 2008 Winner of the National Genealogical Society Local

      Newsletter Award

      Email: editor-chinook@...

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564