Ontario Registration

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      How much would it cost for Ontario registration films? Lots of people from
      Peel, Wellington and Huron counties came to Calgary. Marlene Knott received
      one marriage registration photocopy from 1875 that showed the names of
      common ancestors that hadn't been found by researchers collecting family
      history since 1967.

      Found the grave of W.H. Cushing at Union today. He came to Calgary in 1883
      before the railway was finished. He was on city council when plans were made
      to move graves from Shaganappi and had three of his own children to move.
      WHC was a mayor of Calgary and member of the first Alberta government.
      Needed an extra person to hold the branches out of the way to take pictures
      of his big monument.
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
        Currently, the cost to bring in one film on permanent loan to the FHC is
        $19.50.

        ---
        Judi Lee
        Director
        Calgary Family History Centre
        2021-17th Ave. S.W.
        Calgary, Alberta
        T2T 0G2

        Please visit my website at:
        http://members.platinum.ca/julee/welcome.htm

        E-mail me at:
        judi.lee@... <mailto:judi.lee@...>

        "Those who do not look upon themselves as links connecting the past with the
        future do not perform their duty to the world." -- Daniel Webster