Historical postcards

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
      Thanks, Jim for the update on the postcards on Ancestry.

      You all probably know that Calgary Public Library has a collection of historical postcards relating to the history of Calgary and Southern Alberta as well.  It is in our Community Heritage and Family History database  http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/chpage.aspx.  We also have the Alison Jackson Photography Collection which documents some of the lost buildings of Calgary as well as those that survived.  It is a very interesting collection - and it's free to view!

      Christine Hayes

    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
        Hi all:

        Wonderful collection.  I never knew it existed.

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        Email: Gordon@...
        Home: (403) 240-4636
        Cell:    (403) 669-8384

        "When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds."

        On 10/26/2010 12:53 PM, Christine Hayes wrote:
        Thanks, Jim for the update on the postcards on Ancestry.

        You all probably know that Calgary Public Library has a collection of historical postcards relating to the history of Calgary and Southern Alberta as well.  It is in our Community Heritage and Family History database  http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/chpage.aspx.  We also have the Alison Jackson Photography Collection which documents some of the lost buildings of Calgary as well as those that survived.  It is a very interesting collection - and it's free to view!

        Christine Hayes

        No virus found in this message.