Canadian historical postcards

  • Jim Benedict
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2010
      Ancestry.ca has just added an interesting display of historical postcards on
      Canada to their website. I do not know if everyone can access it or if you
      need a subscription. I searched on "Calgary" and came up with 155 cards to
      view. There are many historical buildings shown, long-gone hotels, schools,
      offices, churches. I was able to capture an image of the Scarboro United
      Church, where my parents were married.

      Go to Ancestry.ca and click on the Search tab. Under Search Titles and pick
      Card Catalogue, then enter "postcards" for a title and click on Search.
      This should bring up a match of Canada Historical Postcards. Click on that
      link To get to the Canada Historical Postcards page, where you can now enter
      in keywords, such as your city of interest or building or sport or event or
      whatever. Have fun.

      Jim Benedict

      database 5562 (20101025) __________

      http://www.eset.com