Re: pdf file readers with searchable text feature

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2010
      Hi all:

      I use Foxit and really like it.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      Email: Gordon@...
      Home: (403) 240-4636
      Cell:    (403) 669-8384

      "You are stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

      On 10/19/2010 6:27 PM, Charlie Hansen wrote:
      On 18 Oct 2010 Judith Rempel wrote, in part:

      > The "free" and "shareware" pdf-making softwares out there may also
      > be able to make them searchable.  But if not, this may be one of
      > the reasons to buy the real thing.  I make many pdfs annually for my
      > home business, and so it's a business expense and helpful to my tax
      > situation as well. Smile. Perhaps that would work for you too.

      There are two programs that have been mentioned at Computer SIG meetings that have a search for text feature, as well as other useful features. Among the list of freeware from our Feb 13, 2010 meeting was Foxit. It is available at:

      I have recently been using a program called PDF-XChange Viewer, also known as pdfxviewer.  I prefer it to Foxit as it allows you to add comments, etc. to your pdf file and then save the modified file without a "watermark".  It is available at:

      This enable you to search and comment pdf files produced by your scanner.

      I hope this helps with scanning and seaching your paper documents.

      Regards,
      Charlie

      No virus found in this message.