- Indeed congratulations on a great slate of speakers/talks. The successful events in my view, are those that leave homework for the participants, for theMessage 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2010View Source
Indeed congratulations on a great slate of speakers/talks. The successful events in my view, are those that leave “homework” for the participants, for the homework to be do-able, and for the homework to get underway!
· I know that I and a few others are really re-energized to do backups
o an external hard drive was purchased yesterday
o one full backup to Norton’s online services (25 G ) is underway and
o another drive is being backed up onto 9 DVDs)
· Also, the commitment to going paper-less (not necessarily paper free!) has begun
o group sheets are being shredded after backups are made and
o by end of day 3 books will have already been scanned to searchable PDF file.
· Books, once scanned, are being recycled because they can be and because giving them away (after taking a copy) would violate copyright laws.
· And, those books are even better than the print copies because they are now every-word searchable
Judith (Judii) Rempel
Alberta Family Histories Society
"New Horizons in Genealogy"
Featuring three of North America's leading genealogists
For those of you that weren't able to attend the Seminar,
or the dinner, you really missed something.
A big 'thank you' to Heather Jaremko and her
committee for organizing this amazing event.
Stay tuned though, because another FamilyRoots
Seminar is being talked about for October 2012!!
Home: (403) 240-4636
Cell: (403) 669-8384