RE: FamiyRoots Seminar - 16 Oct 2010

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2010

      Indeed congratulations on a great slate of speakers/talks.   The successful events in my view, are those that leave “homework” for the participants, for the homework to be do-able, and for the homework to get underway!

      ·         I know that I and a few others are really re-energized to do backups

      o   an external hard drive was purchased yesterday

      o   one full backup to Norton’s online services (25 G ) is underway and

      o   another drive is being backed up onto 9 DVDs)

      ·         Also, the commitment to going paper-less (not necessarily paper free!) has begun

      o   group sheets are being shredded after backups are made and

      o   by end of day 3 books will have already  been scanned to searchable PDF file.

      ·         Books, once scanned, are being recycled because they can be and because giving them away (after taking a copy) would violate copyright laws.

      ·         And, those books are even better than the print copies because they are now every-word searchable