Re: Genealogy - Family History Basics at U of Calgary

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
      Hi all,
      Here is a direct link to the Genealogy - Family History Basics Course offered by AFHS at the U of C:
      http://conted.ucalgary.ca/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=66764

      It starts October 23.  If you are interested one can register online  from the link above or by downloading a registration form and faxing, mailing or registering in person.  The registration form is here:
      http://conted.ucalgary.ca/register/

      AFHS also offers a wonderful opportunity to hear 3 prominent North American genealogists, including Dick Eastman, speak on October 16th at the Family Roots Seminar.  I was fortunate to meet Dick Eastman this past June at a genealogy conference in California.  He told me he doesn't do a lot of these talks anymore so we are very fortunate to have him visit and do three presentations.  He lives near Boston.  This is one not to be missed.

      ==> For more details about the Oct 16 Family Roots event and to register go here.

      Cheers,
      Joan Miller
      AFHS PR
      AFHS Bog

      On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Joan Miller <luxegen@...> wrote:
      Some of you may be interested in attending a course offered by AFHS at the University of Calgary.

      Genealogy - Family History Basics Course number: FIF 112 | 12 Hours | $100 plus GST

      Learn how to research your families’ genealogy and history through vital records, census, wills and probate records.
      Learn where to find them and what they will tell you. Instructors are members of the Alberta Family Histories Society.
      October 23 - November 13 Saturday 9 am - 12 pm.  Instructor:  Kay Clarke

      ---
      Kind regards,
      Joan Miller