Why are you wasting a resource that is already covered in your membership fee?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2010

      Hi everyone,

      Yes, the vast majority of you are wasting a resource that is already covered in your membership  fee. That resource is the “Surname Connections” column in Chinook. As I said many issues ago, it must be because you have traced all family lines back to Adam and Eve. Otherwise you would think our submissions for that column would be in the hundreds instead of the trickle we receive.

      Members receive two free Surname Connections per issue year. Since our year starts with the October issue, only one member has submitted one entry. This means each member, other than the one, has two free entries left. Let’s say you do not receive any responses. Why worry when its free! Then you may receive responses, as I did when I submitted one. All for free with your AFHS membership.

      If you are not a member of AFHS (and if not, why not?), a Surname Connection is $5.00 per entry. Still a bargain!

      Please send your submissions to surnames-chinook@...

      The deadline for January’s issue is November 1st but if we are short on room, we will carry entries in the order received.

      Xenia Stanford

      Editor, Chinook, 2008 Winner of the National Genealogical Society Local

      Newsletter Award

      Email: editor-chinook@...

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564