Membership database and privacy

  • Dawn-Ann Kirkpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 8:30 AM

      Please be advised that the AFHS Membership database has now been locked down to all except the Membership Chair and the Webmaster.

      This is in response to privacy concerns that have been raised.

      If you were previously able to access the Membership database by using your last name and your membership number, you will find you can no longer gain access that way.

      If you must find specific information about a specific member for the purposes of carrying out AFHS business, please email the Webmaster or the Membership Chair: http://afhs.ab.ca/aboutus/contacts.shtml.

      Thank you for your patience as we work out a new system that benefits all of us – our AFHS volunteer work and our privacy.

      To stay up to date on website developments, keep an eye on the Webmaster’s notes page: http://afhs.ab.ca/web-notes.shtml

      Dawn Kirkpatrick, Webmaster

      Alberta Family Histories Society

      http://afhs.ab.ca/