FamilyRoots 10 pictures 224 kb

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2002
      Digital pictures of the FTM display cropped and ready to share. Using
      Windows XP send-to-email small size, the ten pictures are about 224 kb
      total. Easily forwarded if anyone want to see pictures taken by the smallest
      camera at the event (unless someone was using a pencam.) Original pictures
      are about 700 kb each and 1600x1200. The 128 mb card can hold about 150
      pictures that size.

      Would be pleased to have copies of any pictures taken by others. Somehow the
      day passed quickly and I didn't take as many pictures as planned. Thanks to
      everyone who participated in the planning, moving, presentations and
      displays.

      Always interested in chatting by e-mail if anyone has comments about FTM,
      family books, scanning, digital cameras, Pocket PC or other gadgets. --
      Elizabeth

    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2002
        Elizabeth:

        I would love to see the pictures if you are willing to forward them to
        me.

        Gordon's scanning lecture was very interesting. I learned that every
        time one corrects and resaves a jpg file it deteriorates but that the
        same is not the case with a tiff file.

        I remember having to do a lot of touching-up on an old photo that a
        distant family member sent to me from England via e-mail. It was a jpg
        file and I got the distinct impression that the end result was not as
        pleasing as it might have been. Now I know why. Could I have converted
        the original jpg file sent to me into a tiff file in order to work on
        it?

        Margaret came home with me after the seminar as I had promised to do
        some scanning for her. She and her husband are leaving for Mexico on
        Monday and it was necessary to do this scanning before they left. We
        were both very tired after our day of classes so we had a couple of
        drinks to revive us! After she left I went to bed and slept for four
        hours. Now I am ready to go back to bed. Thank goodness we get an extra
        hour's sleep tonight.

        Did you have many people visit the FTM table?

        Rene

        > Digital pictures of the FTM display cropped and ready to share. Using
        > Windows XP send-to-email small size, the ten pictures are about 224 kb
        > total. Easily forwarded if anyone want to see pictures taken by the smallest
        > camera at the event (unless someone was using a pencam.) Original pictures
        > are about 700 kb each and 1600x1200. The 128 mb card can hold about 150
        > pictures that size.
        >
        > Would be pleased to have copies of any pictures taken by others. Somehow the
        > day passed quickly and I didn't take as many pictures as planned. Thanks to
        > everyone who participated in the planning, moving, presentations and
        > displays.
        >
        > Always interested in chatting by e-mail if anyone has comments about FTM,
        > family books, scanning, digital cameras, Pocket PC or other gadgets. --
        > Elizabeth
        >
        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        > http://www.family-roots.ca
      • Rene Dussome
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2002
          Elizabeth:

          Apologies to everyone for the personal message I just sent to Elizabeth.
          I thought it was for her eyes only. Obviously I am going to have to be
          more careful when replying to messages sent through dist-gen.

          Rene

          "E.Rodier" wrote:

          > Digital pictures of the FTM display cropped and ready to share. Using
          > Windows XP send-to-email small size, the ten pictures are about 224 kb
          > total. Easily forwarded if anyone want to see pictures taken by the smallest
          > camera at the event (unless someone was using a pencam.) Original pictures
          > are about 700 kb each and 1600x1200. The 128 mb card can hold about 150
          > pictures that size.
          >
          > Would be pleased to have copies of any pictures taken by others. Somehow the
          > day passed quickly and I didn't take as many pictures as planned. Thanks to
          > everyone who participated in the planning, moving, presentations and
          > displays.
          >
          > Always interested in chatting by e-mail if anyone has comments about FTM,
          > family books, scanning, digital cameras, Pocket PC or other gadgets. --
          > Elizabeth
          >
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          > http://www.family-roots.ca
        • Allan Cole
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 27, 2002
            At 12:48 AM 10/27/02 -0600, Rene Dussome wrote:
            >Elizabeth:
            >
            >I would love to see the pictures if you are willing to forward them to
            >me.
            >
            >Gordon's scanning lecture was very interesting. I learned that every
            >time one corrects and resaves a jpg file it deteriorates but that the
            >same is not the case with a tiff file.
            >
            >I remember having to do a lot of touching-up on an old photo that a
            >distant family member sent to me from England via e-mail. It was a jpg
            >file and I got the distinct impression that the end result was not as
            >pleasing as it might have been. Now I know why. Could I have converted
            >the original jpg file sent to me into a tiff file in order to work on
            >it?
            >
            >Margaret came home with me after the seminar as I had promised to do
            >some scanning for her. She and her husband are leaving for Mexico on
            >Monday and it was necessary to do this scanning before they left. We
            >were both very tired after our day of classes so we had a couple of
            >drinks to revive us! After she left I went to bed and slept for four
            >hours. Now I am ready to go back to bed. Thank goodness we get an extra
            >hour's sleep tonight.
            >
            >Did you have many people visit the FTM table?
            >
            >Rene
            >
            > > Digital pictures of the FTM display cropped and ready to share. Using
            > > Windows XP send-to-email small size, the ten pictures are about 224 kb
            > > total. Easily forwarded if anyone want to see pictures taken by the
            > smallest
            > > camera at the event (unless someone was using a pencam.) Original pictures
            > > are about 700 kb each and 1600x1200. The 128 mb card can hold about 150
            > > pictures that size.
            > >
            > > Would be pleased to have copies of any pictures taken by others.
            > Somehow the
            > > day passed quickly and I didn't take as many pictures as planned. Thanks to
            > > everyone who participated in the planning, moving, presentations and
            > > displays.
            > >
            > > Always interested in chatting by e-mail if anyone has comments about FTM,
            > > family books, scanning, digital cameras, Pocket PC or other gadgets. --
            > > Elizabeth
            > >
            > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            > > http://www.family-roots.ca
            >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            >http://www.family-roots.ca

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Larry McCool
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2002
              Elizabeth--

              I would appreciate copies, just tag them on a note.
              I prefer JPG but most others will work

              Good job on your displays etc.
              Will talk more later

              Larry