Fwd: Radio Feedback

  • George Lake
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2002
      Hi All:
      I received the following note yesterday.
      Congratulations to Inge on her great performance. My daughter (who is not
      interested in genealogy) telephoned me about it and I caught the tail end
      of it myself.
      Many thanks also to Gordon Hulbert and Bill Campbell for the great
      publicity family history in general, AFHS in particular, and Family Roots
      2002 even more particularly have received in the past 2 weeks.
      Great job guys.
      Geo

      >To: chairman@...
      >From: peter@...
      >Subject: Radio Feedback
      >Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Hello,
      >
      >There I am motoring down the Trans Canada on my way
      >over the mountains and who should come on the local
      >talk back radio but a member of your group. And armed
      >to the teeth with all the right answers to the many
      >questions asked by the host and phone in folk.
      >
      >A very efficient and well thought way of publicising
      >the Alberta Family History Soc.
      >
      >So much so that even my wife, who is not really known
      >as a supporter of my hobby of some 30 years, but puts
      >up with me, began chatting about family members and
      >tried to encourage me to phone in with infamous or
      >famous ancestor stories. I didn't.
      >
      >But I am now keen to become a member. Perhaps I can
      >offer some assistance and also learn some new ways and
      >means ?
      >
      >In short.. I am the second of three generations to work
      >on our family history project.
      >
      >At present reasonably well documented to 3rd February
      >1271 in Normandie and Bretagne, France. Some documented
      >side trips to Australia and what we are being told is a
      >potential link to my new home of Canada. (apparanetly
      >uncle many times, arrived with the Acadians).
      >
      >The stories are far too long for an intial email and so
      >maybe another time.
      >
      >Meantime, congratualations on a novel way of promoting
      >the society.
      >
      >Kind Regards,
      >Peter Leroy

      >D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
      > http://www.doteasy.com

      George Lake
      Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
      Calgary Canada

      email: chairman@...

      FamilyRoots 2002 - Oct 25 - 26/02

    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2002
        George Lake wrote:

        > Hi All:
        > I received the following note yesterday.
        > Congratulations to Inge on her great performance. My daughter (who is not
        > interested in genealogy) telephoned me about it and I caught the tail end
        > of it myself.
        > Many thanks also to Gordon Hulbert and Bill Campbell for the great
        > publicity family history in general, AFHS in particular, and Family Roots
        > 2002 even more particularly have received in the past 2 weeks.
        > Great job guys.

        Agreed ...

        <snip>

        > >But I am now keen to become a member. Perhaps I can
        > >offer some assistance and also learn some new ways and
        > >means ?

        Don't forget to point him to our e-commerce membership application
        possibility and our calendar of events! :-)

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/membership_application.html

        --
        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel, Webster

        and

        afhs@...

        Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

        FamilyRoots 2002
      • George Lake
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2002
          Hi Judii:
          At 10:31 AM 10/25/02 -0600, you wrote:

          snip

          >Don't forget to point him to our e-commerce membership application
          >possibility and our calendar of events! :-)

          I already did. :-)

          Regards

          Geo