RE: Descendant Tree

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2010

      Thanks, Suddy – I’ll give it a shot.  That’s a small price if the tool creates a flexible report that can be edited.

      Best (and aren’t we glad that it’s finally sunny!),

      Judii

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2010
        It is possible to create a custom descendancy chart with Legacy, although it's a
        cumbersome workaround.

        1) Use the tagging facility to tag the individuals you wish to include.

        2) Export the tagged individuals (with or without spouses) to a new Legacy (or
        Gedcom) file.

        3) Go to the new file and view and/or print your edited descendancy chart.

        It may be also possible to use the Gramps program to create a custom chart to
        do what you want, although I have not tried it.

        Regards,
        Charlie

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2010
          Thanks for this, Charlie. I'm still playing around with the ideas. Once I
          get something to work to my satisfaction, I'll post something about my
          experience and point to an online portrayal of the result.

          Both you and Suddie had good suggestions