ExtraOrdinary Lives answers

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2002
      This is the message I received from my contact and by the examples he gives,
      it looks like the people to be profiled do not need to be Canadian but they
      do need to be alive:

      Hi Xenia,

      Yes, the people do need to be alive. As for what qualifies as
      extraordinary, here are some examples of other people we have profiled

      Phyllis Peterson: sole survivor of the Shell Lake Massacre. The rest of
      her family was killed by Victor Hoffman in the late 60's in Northern Sask.

      Henk Otte: Dutchman who has wound up becoming a chief in Ghana

      Josh Hall: Englishman who has sailed around the world by himself in the
      Vendee Globe

      John Artis: the other person in the car with Hurricane Carter when he was
      arresteed in 1960; if you have the seen the movie Hurricane it is abou these
      stories. Still proclaims his innocence as he did through 15 years in prison

      There are more examples on our website. Regretabbly the website is
      undergoing so changes at the moment and in unaccessible. As for first or
      exclusive rights that is not vital. There are people already profiled in
      the series that haevhad there stories told elsewhere. Lois Gibbs, the woman
      who brought attention to the pollution at Love Canal in NY state is a good
      example of this.

      So if you have a living person whom you feel qualifies, please let me know
      his/her name, the experience that qualifies and your or the other person's
      contact information.

      à bientôt,

      Enter Xenia as a search term at http://globalgazette.net/ to find my column
      "Nos Racines Francaises"
      Local book and magazine sales:
      http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564