Re: Identification of Lancaster bomber & crew

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
      Hi Gary:

      Do you have his regimental number (and name, of course)?

      If so I would suggest that you draw his military service file from Archives Canada and see what it reveals.

      If that isn't appropriate please contact me and we'll go with what information you do have.
      It shouldn't be that difficult.

      Cheers

      BILL

      On 3/9/2010 8:25 AM, Gary Gauthier wrote:
      I have a picture of my father and the rest of the crew of a Lancaster bomber in which he flew during WWII.
      The aircraft is positioned such that the wing interferes with the ability to see the identification markings on the fuselage.
      Does anyone know of a site on which the picture could be posted to see if anyone can identify the crew members and perhaps the aircraft?
      I suspect that it would need to be a WWII-related airforce or aircraft site, or having to do with WWII Bomber Command.

      Regards;

      Gary Gauthier
      gary.gauthier@...

      "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors."   - Edmund Burke

      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA