Cornell University Libraries - Digitized Books

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 11:27 PM
      Hi all,
      Just saw a notice on Facebook that Cornell University has digitized about 700,000 books with no known copyright.  For my fellow Quebec SIG members there are lots of historic Quebec books and maps.  The notice is below.

      Cornell University Libraries : Free Books : Free Texts : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
      These books, the originals of which are in the Cornell University Library, were digitized in 2008 with funding by Microsoft Corporation. Scanning was performed by Kirtas Technologies; OCR was performed by, and derivative formats created by, the Internet Archive. There are no known copyright...

      --
      Joan Miller
      Luxegen Genealogy and Family History