Getting youth interested in genealogy

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2010
      Hi all,
      There is a great guest blog post by Thomas MacEntee this week about getting youth interested in genealogy.  I feel this is important because we do all of this hard work finding our family trees and there many be no one interested to take over.  Thomas has some great ideas about how we can get that next generation interested. Here is the link:

      http://www.kickassgenealogy.com/goth-genealogy/

      I met Thomas at the family history expo in Mesa in January. Great guy. He is the founder of the Geneabloggers.com which has created a community of folks blogging about their family history. (People like DearMyrtle, Randy Seaver, Dick Eastman and 900 lesser known bloggers like yours truly.)

      Joan Miller

      --
      Luxegen Genealogy and Family History
      http://www.luxegen.ca