please varify-- Irish translation.

  • Donna Coulter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2010

      Hello friends--

      Someone out there spoke Irish-- Will they please varify that this is correct.

      Not that I don't trust my husbands' cousin? is it??

      A cousin of my husbands' has given me the Irish way of writing “Eight weeks and three days”

      His translation:
      "Eight weeks and three days" in Irish (Celtic?) is:

      "ocht seactain agus trila".

      There is what is called a "Fada" over the "a" in "la". This is a stroke like "/".
       I could not get my machine to produce it on the letter in question.  A
      Phonetic translation is:

      "ukt shotain ogus three law".