Monday's meeting

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009

      Our meeting on Monday  (December 7) is a bring and brag.  We have nine members who will be bringing their heirlooms and they will tell us the stories behind these treasures.  The meeting is River Park Church,  3818 14 A Street SW, from 7-9 PM.  If anyone would like to bring a small plate of goodies to share at break time, please do.  We will also be collecting for the food bank so if you would like to bring a non-perishable food item, we will make arrangements to get these to the food bank.  Any questions?  Contact me at afhsprograms@...

      See you there

      Christine Hayes

    • Christine Hayes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
        The next general meeting is on Monday February 1st at the River Park Church.  The program will be "Genealogy Without Documentation is Mythology: Cite Your Sources."   Xenia Stanford, author, researcher and editor (of our own Chinook, among other things) will talk to us about the importance of documentation and show us how to go about citing our sources.  Please join us for this informative and important presentation.
      • Christine Hayes
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2010

          Hello,

          The topic of the program at this Monday’s meeting will be “Obscure sources from local libraries.”  Representatives from local libraries will present some of their less obvious sources for genealogy research.  Join us to find out about some of these hidden gems.

          The meeting is at River Park Church, 3818 14A Street SW at 7:00 PM.  Hope to see you there.

        • Christine Hayes
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
            Just a reminder of the general meeting next Monday (March 7) at 7:00 PM at River Park Church.  The program is none other than our intrepid Projects Committee who will tell us about the very important work they are doing transcribing and making available cemetery records, among other things.  The work of this committee provides data for genealogists around the world and is a cornerstone of the services we provide to our members.  Come and see what they are doing.  You may even be inspired to lend a hand.