AFHS re: English research

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2009
      I'm forwarding an e-mail with good news for those with ancestors from Devon.  Another recent e-mail from the FFHS announced that:

      The General Register Office has just announced that the digitisation of GRO’s births, marriages and deaths records is moving forward and a new project, called the Digitisation and Indexing (D&I) Project, has been initiated.

      The new project covers the digitisation of the records themselves together with indexing and upgrading the online certificate ordering process. The digitisation page on the IPS corporate website has been updated and further details including a Q & A can be accessed via http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/rde/xchg/ips_live/hs.xsl/1090.htm

      Roger Lewry