RE: special events

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009

      HI Suddie Bill,

      I don’t know if you are saying Sorenson does mtDNA whereas FTDNA offers Y-DNA. Just to clarify Family Tree DNA offers both maternal (mtDNA) and paternal (Y-DNA) testing, as well as ethnicity testing.

      Xenia

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
        No, FTDNA does a complete mtDNA as well as just the HV zones.  It also covers a plethora of Y DNA test plus additional panels and all sorts of exotic stuff.  Simply a case if you have the money and a penchant for math you can do all manner of wonderful things.   My interests are somewhat limited but I have discovered enough about my family origins to point me in the most likely ares in which I might find my earliest ancestors.  I'm not overly concerned about the family origins prior to the last ice age although I have that information as well.  :-) .

        Cheers

        Suddie Bill

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
          Hi all,
          I had my brother submit DNA to FTDNA  (for the family name KERR)

          They had a fast turn around and we found matches, ironically with another fellow with the exact same name as my brother, including middle name.  It gave us new avenues to search in both England and US, as we are stuck trying to get our KERR family research out of Quebec and back to a specific place in Ireland.  I feel it will be through DNA that we will ultimately find the connection as more people submit samples.

          Cheers,
          Joan Miller