Tonight's meeting

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2009

      Sorry for the late posting.

      The program for tonight’s meeting is Nancy Millar presenting Once Upon a Wedding.  We have had a lot of requests for Nancy’s presentations and this one promises to  be very interesting.  She is going to show pictures and tell stories of weddings in Western Canada from 1860 to 1945.  Why weddings? Because weddings contain our history.  As she says in the introduction to her book the “stories …begin with a wedding but don’t stay there.”  Join us tonight at River Park Church, 3818 - 14A Street SW, to hear and see this wonderful presentation.  Nancy will also be selling copies of her book in the lobby.  We hope to see you there.

    • Christine Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
        I am very sorry that I didn't get this information out sooner.  Our original plan for this month's meeting fell through so I was scrambling at the last minute so you wouldn't all have to listen to me again.  I did finally get confirmation on Sunday that our presenters will be Inga and Carole from the Bowness Historical Society who will talk about the fascinating history of the town/district.

        Cheers
        Christine
      • Christine Hayes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011

          Tonight’s meeting will be a video presentation on the use of Google maps as a genealogical tool.  This new technology can be extremely useful to locate and even see the places where our ancestors lived.  Join us tonight at River Park Church, 3818 14 A Street SW at 7:00 PM for our monthly general meeting.

          Christine Hayes

          Program Chair