George Lake

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009

      AFHS and all family historians:

      Like everyone, I am very sad to hear about the death of George Lake on Tuesday September 15th.

      George was a very valued member of AFHS and a good friend to many of us.

      He was our President, wrote articles for the Chinook, was active with the Computer SIG, worked as the Treasurer, attended The Master Genealogist (software) SIG meetings, chaired the Brian W. Hutchison Scholarship Committee, chaired the Nominating Committee for several years, worked on the Finance and Budget Committee, and all sorts of other AFHS work. He will be particularly remembered for his work on the bylaws committee, strategic planning, and being the best ‘meeting-runner’ ever.

      George Lake will be greatly missed.

      According to the other messages, there will be a notice in the Friday edition of the Calgary Herald, and the service will be on Monday September 21 at the Park Memorial Chapel, 5008 Elbow Drive SW at 1:00 pm. I don’t know what the family’s wishes are, but I was thinking of donating to the AFHS Memorial fund in George’s memory.

      Lorna