Genealogy Saturdays at Calgary Public Library

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009

      The Calgary Public Library and the Alberta Family Histories Society have teamed up once again to provide one-on-one Family History Coaching at the Central Library on the last Saturday of the month from 10:00am to noon.  If you or someone you know needs help with their research, come on down.  We meet on the 4th floor in the genealogy area.  This program is drop-in, so you don’t have to register in advance, but we do ask that you have a Calgary Public Library card.

      A second program has been added to make the last Saturday of the month a full-on genealogy day.  AFHS member Heather Jaremko will be hosting a genealogy meet-up at the Central Library from 2:00 -4:00 PM.  This is the perfect opportunity to meet with other genealogists to talk about your projects and learn about new genealogy stuff.  We’d like you to register for this program.  You can do that online at www.calgarypubliclibrary.com (click on “Programs” in the bar at the top of the page and then search for “Genealogy meet up”)  or you can telephone us a 403-260-2620 or you can register in person at any Calgary Public Library branch.

      If you have any questions about either of these programs you can contact me or any of the staff in the Humanities department at 403-260-2785 or by email at hum1@...

      Christine Hayes