award for "Chinook" article in Calgary Herald

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 9:23 AM

      Hi Everyone:

      Congratulations to Xenia Stanford and the AFHS Periodicals committee for winning the prestigious NGS award for Chinook. It was well deserved for all of the work that goes into the production of Chinook. Not only does Xenia do a fine editing job, but I think that the zealous group of proof-readers really help make the Chinook a professional publication. Of course, it is the whole committee who made a  great team under the very able leadership of Rosemary Kry, and now being chaired by Vickie Newington.

      Thank you to Don Alexander and the Public Relations Committee for arranging for Karin Klassen to interview Xenia and Rosemary Kry for the article in the Calgary Herald. The article in yesterday’s Neighbours section of the newspaper gives very good publicity to AFHS. The article can also be seen online at the link http://www.calgaryherald.com/Newsletter+garners+genealogy+honour/1796201/story.html  I printed out a copy for the AFHS Library bulletin board!

      Lorna