General Meeting

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2009
      The General Meeting on Monday is our Volunteer Appreciation meeting.  Following that will be a presentation of "Calgary's Historic Homes and their Owners".  Here are the details:

       Location is River Park Church,3818 - 14A Street SW
      Date and Time:  Monday, June 1, 7-9 p.m.

      Topic: Calgary’s Historic Homes and Their Owners
      AFHS member Christine Hayes will use resources from Calgary Public Library’s Local History and genealogy collections to tell the stories of some interesting Calgarians and their homes.
    • Christine Hayes
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2009

        Our next general meeting will be on Monday September 14 at River Park Church,
        3818 - 14A Street SW at 7:00 PM.

        The topic of the program for that night is Grosse Ile presented by AFHS member Ronna Byam. Grosse Ile was the main point of entry for immigrants coming to Canada from 1832 to 1937 and many of us have ancestors that passed through its gates.  It promises to be a very informative talk.