RE: Congratulations to Periodicals Committee

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17 9:05 PM
      Hi Heather,

      Thanks, but a typo in your message. It is the National Genealogical Society
      and the award is in the category for County or Local Genealogical or
      Historical Society Newsletter.

      Ottawa won in the Major Genealogical or Historical Society Newsletter and
      there is a third category for Family Association Newsletter. So Canadians
      won two of the three awards. Not bad.

      Anyway it was a privilege to represent AFHS at the National Genealogical
      Society Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina. Rosemary and I learned a
      great deal, met very interesting people and had fun.

      Of course, the award was the achievement of many from writers to
      proofreaders and everyone else who supported the effort. After all,
      "teamwork is at the heart of great achievement" (John Maxwell).

      Xenia Stanford